2017 Youth Art Month Juried Competition Exhibition
March 3 - April 28, 2017
TEACHERS: This is your invitation from the Alexandria Museum of Art to submit your students’ artwork into the 2017 Juried Youth Art Month Competition! March will be here before you know it and we want to highlight the creative and talented youth in our community! This year’s theme is United through Art. The 2017 Youth Art Month Exhibition will be on display in the galleries at AMoA from March 3 - April 22, 2017.
All Kindergarten through 12th grade Rapides Parish school students (including students with special needs and homeschool students) are eligible to participate. All visual mediums are accepted.
Art Teachers: Please be your school’s contact for this competition. If your school does not have an art teacher at your school and you would like to enter, please select one teacher to be your representative.
To enter your students' work, please download Instructions and Guidelines or visit: https://callforentry.org.
2017 YAM Entry Instructions and Guidelines. Guidelines can also be found on the CAFE website.
I need help registering on CAFE! Download the Teacher's CAFE Cheatsheet.
Youth Art Month Festival ~ Saturday, March 11, 2017
Youth Art Month (YAM) in March is an annual observance to emphasize the value of art and art education for all children and to encourage public support for quality school art programs. YAM provides a forum for acknowledging skills that are not possible in other subjects. Art Education develops self-esteem, appreciation of the work of others, self-expression, cooperation with others, and critical thinking skills. All of these skills are vital to the success of our future leaders – our children.
The Alexandria Museum of Art celebrates YAM and supports the creativity of our youth with a festival featuring art from educational FREE interactive art activities, demonstrations, art and food vendors and more. AMoA’s Annual YAM Festival will be Saturday, March 11, 2017, from 10am to 2pm and is open to the public.
We are currently seeking Art Activity Leaders, Demonstrators and Volunteers to assist with the festival activities for a day that promises to be a blast filled with art, fun and learning for everyone! If you are interested in sharing your skills, expertise and time with the children of our community, please complete the appropriate form and return it to AMoA or contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 318-443-3458 with your information or questions.
Deadline to register as a Vendor: February 17, 2017.
The Purposes of Youth Art Month
1. To direct attention to the value of art education, which develops divergent and critical thinking; multicultural awareness; and technical, communication, and expressive skills.
2. To increase community, business and governmental support for art education.
3. To recognize that art is a necessity for the full development of better quality of life for all people.
4. To expand art programs in schools and stimulate new ones.
5. To increase community understanding and interest in art and art education through
involvement in art exhibits, workshops, and other creative venues.
6. To provide additional opportunities for individuals of all ages to participate in creative art learning.
7. To encourage commitment to the arts by students, community organizations, and individuals everywhere.
8. To recognize art education as a viable component in the total education curricula that develops citizens of a global society.
Join us to celebrate the creative talents of the youth in our community!